South Korea’s exports of petrochemicals in January 2018 rose by 18.4% year on year to $4.2bn, this flux is due to a rise in export prices caused by the oil price surge.
Lewes, DE — (SBWIRE) — 09/27/2018 — South Korea's exports of petrochemicals in January 2018 rose by 18.4% year on year to $4.2bn, this flux is due to a rise in export prices caused by the oil price surge.
South Korea's shipments of organic chemicals were worth 26.5% more in 2017 compared to 2016. The total export valued at $22.7 billion, which is 4% of total Korean export. Korea stands 7th in global organic chemical export, which is dominated by China with $54.5 billion.
Here is the list of top 5 South Korean chemical companies.
1. LG Chem Ltd.: The company was founded in 1947 and have headquarter in Seoul, South Korea. Company have wide product portfolio including ABS, polarizers and EV battery cells, improving its global position as a material supplier. The company's revenue in 2017 was 25.6 trillion won.
2. LOTTE Chemical: The company was founded in 1976 and have headquarter in Seoul, South Korea. The company is known for production of basic petrochemical raw materials and products such as olefin and aromatics. The company's revenue in 2017 was 15.8 trillion won.
3. Hanwha Chemical Co, Ltd.: The company was established in 1956 and have headquarter in Seoul, South Korea. Hanwha Chemical has been backbone of Korean petrochemical industry, offering products including LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene), LLDPE (Linear Low-Density Polyethylene), and CA (Chlor-Alkali). The company's revenue in 2017 was 9.34 trillion won.
4. SK Chemicals: The company was founded in 1969 as "Creation of Sunkyong Fibers Ltd"., in 1998 renamed as SK Chemicals. Company has headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. Company has developed Korea's First High-Performance Secondary Battery Electrolyte Additive, in 2016. The company's revenue in 2017 was 6.7 trillion won.
5. Kumho P & B Chemical Co., Ltd.: The company is a member of Kumho Petrochemical Group. Kumho P&B, popular as KPB. Company was established in 1976 and have headquarter in Seoul, South Korea. Company specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of phenols, acetones, MIBK, BPA, and epoxy resins, which are basic chemicals required in diverse industrial fields such as electric and electronic production, pharmaceuticals, and paints. The company's revenue in 2017 was 1.2 trillion won.
Read our Interactive https://www.marketresearchreports.com/blog
MarketResearchReprots.com is world's largest store offering quality market research, SWOT analysis, competitive intelligence and industry reports. We help Fortune 500 to Start-Ups with the latest market research reports on global & regional markets which comprise key industries, leading market players, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
Contact us for your market research requirements: https://www.marketresearchreports.com/contact
For more information on this press release visit: http://www.sbwire.com/press-releases/top-5-south-korean-chemical-companies-1055072.htm
Media Relations Contact
Director – Operations
Email: Click to Email Sudeep Chakravarty